Ahoy Matey! I’ve crushed seventeen men’s skulls between me thighs! …. Ooo Ummm, I’m letting the hat get to me. So I broke out the pirate gear and decided to talk a bit o’ pirate to yas! This ensemble can be derived a multitude of ways, but the main way is through the quest Dressing the Part and Avast Ye! Admiral. However, you can easily mimic the look with a few other pieces.
The feathery accessory that is on every pirate’s must have list, the Blood Parrot. The Blood Parrot is an equip feature of the Bloodsail Admiral’s Hat, but can be easily duped by four other known parrots in the game. (Hyacinth Macaw, Cockatiel, Green Wing Macaw or Senegal) There are also two other hat alternatives to the Bloodsail Admiral’s Hat. The Admiral’s Hat looks just like the Bloodsail version but comes in blue rather than red. If you are feeling like a different style of hat prepare yourself for a grind to get the First Mate Hat.
The help of a decent tailor you can find a replacement for the Bloodsail Shirt, like the White Swashbuckler’s Shirt. However, if you are looking for a more colorful option, I’d say go with the Red Swashbuckler’s Shirt. Another great option for those who dislike long sleeves is Captain Sanders’ Shirt, it has that hasn’t been washed in 99 dog years dinge and smells of ale & sweat appeal. A tailor can also help by stitching together a pair of Simple Linen Pants as a great alternative to the Bloodsail Pants. We round out the outfit with Bloodsail Sash and Bloodsail Boots. Alternatively, You can replace them with Captain Sanders’ Sash and Buccaneer’s Boots.
If you aren’t sure about your own pirate status….I’ll leave you with the following.
You Might Be A Pirate If…
- Opening a bank account requires the use of a shovel, a compass and a map
- The rum is always gone
- You think Captain Hook was just misunderstood
- You think gold doubloons are an acceptable form of currency.
- All your problems can be solved with sufficient quantities of gunpowder and rum
- You think Treasure Island is a history book
- Your parrot swears as much as you do
- You’ve been banned from the pond because your toy boat keeps sinking the others
- You know a pirate cannot live by bread alone; he needs rum, too!
- You can swim more than 100 yards with a knife in your teeth.